Sunday, May 15, 2011

More boxes!

Yesterday we bought the pumice and mushroom compost to put in the boxes. Bought 200l of each and already had the fortified moss, but still it was nowhere near enough!

Never mind,I sowed eight squares of carrots: four of Early Nantes 5 and four of Royal Chanteney which is an heirloom variety and supposed to be good for winter casseroles - I thought I could leave them in the ground longer. Just noticed that they are a short variety so probably a mistake to put them in the deep box!

Plan is to finish filling the second shallow box, and sow some spinach and salad leaves in there, perhaps buy the odd plant ready to put in, and I have the broccoli seedlings too which are almost big enough to harden off.

The weather forecast is for frost the night after this one, after that it should stay frost-free I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment