Saturday, May 7, 2011

Carrots!

Finally!

I sowed Early Nantes 5 on April 14th and now I have some signs of life Very Happy One lone seedling has been there for a few days, but now they are popping up nicely. It was very very windy when I did the sowing so they are not at regular intervals and I put in more than I needed in case germination was poor.

I sowed one square, at the same time, in a box covered with a plastic lid. Those carrots seem to be a couple of days behind these ones, which were covered only by fleece. The ones in the box may not have been wet enough?














I dragged my long-suffering husband out today, and bought more wood and screws to make another two boxes. We got them put together in record time, and more or less in place. Now I just need the stuff to fill them :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment