Sunday, June 14, 2015

Another sunny day

Today I finished off the boxes. I moved the large aquilegia (the seed from New Mexico) out and put them in a flower bed at the front.
I rounded-up some old seed and sowed it as shown below. The only fresh seeds were the foxgloves - they are wildflower seeds and should do well here I think.
The rest of the squares are already filled with broccoli plants, wild strawberries, self-seeded aquilegia and left-over garlic/onion plants.
I also thinned the carrots and swede. The latter are looking pretty good. Most of the carrots are up. It seems that the empty spots are mostly along the edge of the box - not sure if that is because the outside dries out faster or if it is because it is colder than in the middle of the box. I sprinkled a few more seed in the gaps, but I did not cover it so it may not grow. I didn't want to risk disturbing any seedlings about to emerge.






Beetroot
X16

Foxgloves

Salad
Salad
Delphinum

Spinach
X9
Spinach
X9
Spring onion

No comments:

Post a Comment