Saturday, April 13, 2013

Indoor seeds cntd.

I am a bit disappointed with the aerogarden seed system. Quite a lot of the seeds have failed to germinate so far, and some look as though they never will as they are mouldy. Next year I will try covering them to begin with to keep off mould spores in the air.

The kale and broccoli look as though they do not get enough nitrogen so I have re-potted the larger ones, using paper pots. I need to get more compost and do some more of them. I also re-potted the basil which had begun to flop over.

The dahlia is quite tall now and the lily of the valley beginning to show. The onion/leek plants look quite good and the parsnips too - tend to dry out very fast so need careful watching as far as watering goes.

The weather was very mild for most of March. The garlic is doing amazingly well, or at least it was until the temperature dropped to -7°C! I hope it is OK under the layer of fleece.

Hmm, carrot week has started http://squarefoot.creatingforum.com/t14487-carrot-week-2013#149119 so I need to get that sorted out as soon as it is warm again.

No comments:

Post a Comment