Saturday, April 21, 2012

Happy Summer!

Thursday was the first day of summer and certainly it is sunny but not terribly warm yet (7°C or less).
Ómar's mother gave me some chitted potatoes yesterday and told me to get them planted so I did! I added some leftover chicken manure and then decided I might as well get the carrots sown too. So I bought a bag of mushroom compost, a container of chicken manure, and one of dried seaweed. I put a handful of each in very square before sowing the carrot seed - see below. I added one square of spring onion seed too and there is a blank square left.




The garlic is looking pretty good now. I put some fertilizer round it today and covered it up again. Here is a picture of how it looks, and one of the potatoes before I planted them. Quite a mixture of potatoes, some I bought last autumn and kept in the fridge, the others are some French ones which I allowed to sprout a little.



No comments:

Post a Comment