Sunday, April 22, 2012

Beans etc.

Note to self: keep better records!!!!
I'm not sure when I sowed the broadbeans last year, I seem to have planted them out on May 5th so I suspect I am a week or two late with starting them indoors. The trouble is you never can tell what the weather will do!

I had beans left over from last year so I used those again: Medes and Masterpiece.
I also started some left-over sweetpeas and nasturtium.

The sweetpeas are in toilet-roll tubes, seated in fine pumice and filled with Pindstrup. The others are in plastic pots of various sorts. My sister says that they are fine and just as good as peat-pots in her opinion.

Speaking of my sister, the runnerbeans and basil seed which I had sent to her has arrived so she should mail it on to me next week and if the customs don't make a fuss it should arrive soon and then I can try Moonlight runners which are supposed to self-fertilize.

No comments:

Post a Comment