Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Easter!

It is Easter Monday and a lovely sunny day so I did a bit of tidying in the garden.
The official Square Foot Gardening site (http://squarefoot.creatingforum.com/) is having its second annual carrot week on April 16th +/- 1 week so I took the chance offered by the good weather and sowed some Nates 2 seed in one square. I added some chicken manure first and then the seeds - I was generous with the seed because they are from 2010 and may not germinate so well.
A while back we had a bad storm which washed a lot of seaweed up along the coast and I collected a few bags of it. I tipped it into the compost bin and gave it all a light stir. Seaweed is supposed to accelerate the rotting.
I plan on sowing some seed indoors in the next couple of days, basil at least and a couple of pepper plants.
The garlic is doing fine still. I had a poke around and it all seems to be making bulbs so perhaps I will actually get a crop this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment