Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Beans out!

Still not much sign of summer here. The weather is mostly grey and either cold and windy or slightly less cold and windy.
The indoor beans were beginning to look pale and straggly so I planted them out today, except for the runner beans which really would not be happy in such cool temperatures.
I planted them pretty much as planned although I had some unnamed broadbeans which I think now were probably the Italian ones, anyhow I pushed them in where there seemed a little space.
The strawberry plants have plenty of flowers - and also plenty of green insects all up their stems. Sprayed them as best I could with green soap solution.
Sowed another square of spinach. The other square is doing OK, not all stations have germinated yet but most have. Some of the parsnip seed was on the surface which can't bode well. Some of the potatoes are showing and a few of the shallots look good.

No comments:

Post a Comment