Sunday, March 3, 2013

Autumn already!

Actually it is more like winter now, with a good 3cm of frost in my square-foot beds.
I decided to get the garlic planted just in case it stays this cold for the rest of the month.
I planted four squares of garlic in the right-hand shallow box. In one square I put the small bulbs which I planted as cloves last autumn; I planted two squares with cloves from my 2nd-year garlic; and in one square I put cloves of a purple garlic which I bought at Frú Lauga. It will be interesting to see if any of those cloves mature in just one season or not.

Hmmm! Can't recall when I wrote that but obviously I forgot to publish it. I added another square of Italian soft-neck garlic from Frú Lauga.
 







Soft neck



 1 year-old



M y cloves
 Frú Lauga
 My cloves



No comments:

Post a Comment