Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Nice weather!

8°C at 11 am and sunny and lovely at mid-day. Feels very springlike and the trees have flower buds and are getting greener by the day.

The seeds which I sowed indoors are all doing fine at the moment but were all sown too early by two weeks I would say. They need watering every day and have had a few droopy moments.I have most of them by an open window today and I may put some outdoors and see how they do soon - I have plenty of extra ones which I can keep indoors in case they are needed as replacements.

I put a few small roots of mint in a plantpot, lined with fine mesh, just so that there is a little bit in the garden. Need more really, have to think about that.

Most of the spinach is up now, and the first shoots of the lettuce mixture. Still no carrots though which is worrying me a bit. If worse comes to worse I will have to resow them late in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment