Thursday, March 25, 2010

A new start!

Another "summer" is beckoning! Every year I get fired-up with the idea that I will be able to grow tons of veg if I get everything right.
The main snag is that I am a very lazy person :-) and although I enjoy digging, weeding, and sowing in the spring I'm not too good at the after care.

I've had a small veg plot for 15 years. The soil is terrible, seems to be the original soil for the area: acid. It has always had a lot of horse-tails ready to grow like crazy, then a few years ago I added some manure and introduced annual weeds which I simple can't get rid of.

A few weeks ago I saw something about squarefoot gardening which claims higher yields for less work which sounds perfect! So that is my new plan.

I've ordered the official guids to the method, off Amazon
http://tinyurl.com/yzjankx

Hope it comes soon.

Next step is to sow some seeds indoors so that I will have plants ready when things warm up outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment